Quick Craft: Decoupage Multi-Hole Punch

Decoupage is the art of covering objects decoratively with paper using glue and paint.

It's a great way to add a little life to an old piece of furniture, or give a unique look to a boring, worn out tool.
I love my multi-hole punch.  I use it all the time.  So much in fact that the rubber handle was beginning to look a little disgusting... 

I decided it was time for an update.
Decoupage is also great for covering nasty, hard-to-get-off, sticky residue.  I could have also chosen to just paint it and add a layer of Mod Podge over it to seal it, but I wanted the texture of the tissue paper.

Materials I used:

Craft paint
Mod Podge
Paint brushes
Tissue paper streamer left over from a birthday party 3 years ago.














I added two coats of paint to the areas I wanted to cover.














After the paint was dry, I brushed on a layer of Mod Podge to the first handle.














While the Mod Podge was still wet, I immediately began adding strips of the tissue paper streamers.  It's better to work one section at a time, rather than coating the entire thing in the glue and then having to work quickly to cover it before it dries.














After completely covering the first handle in the paper, I moved to repeat the process on the other side.














The last step in the process was to coat both completely covered sides with 2 layers of Mod Podge to seal the work.














If you decide to try decoupage, please make sure you let the finished product dry completely.  I can't stress this enough.  If you touch parts of it while it is still wet you may rip the paper.  This happened to me on the inside of one of the handles.  I had to add more paper and glue to fix it.














And there you go!  I now have an updated, no longer disgusting multi-hole punch!  The texture was a good choice as well, it feels really cool.














This has been a Quick Craft demonstration.  If you enjoyed this post and would like to see more like it, please subscribe to the blog by hitting the button at the top of the page!  Thanks for stopping by!

Copperccino Crafts & Accessories

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FREE Poinsettia Crochet Pattern

All About Wire